Free to Be Aware
HAVE A STUPID NIGHT?
Call the AIDS Line: 800-342-AIDS
Birmingham Convention and Visitors Bureau
City of Birmingham
Jefferson County Commission
Birmingham Metropolitan Development Board
Operation New Birmingham
Alabama Department of Revenue
Legal Criteria for Public Service Announcements
- Non-profit group may not have been nor currently be a paid commercial advertiser in the outlet using the PSA.
- Group’s identification must be clear, conspicuous and properly identified either in the audio or the text of the PSA.
- Ethnic, racial, religious, age or sex stereotyping is not acceptable.
- All claims, statements of fact, statistics and demonstrations must be substantiated in writing.
- No commercial products, services or specific corporate individuals may be identified or specifically promoted.
- In addition, WABM and WTTO have the right to refuse any public service announcement that is deemed inappropriate.
- Priority will be given to public service announcements from non-profit, not-for-profit 501 (c) 3 organizations.
- Event information is needed approximately four weeks prior to the event.
- Submission does not imply a guarantee of publicity.
- All public service submissions must include the contact name, phone number, and if available, the web site and/or email address for confirmation.