Birmingham Convention and Visitors Bureau
City of Birmingham
Jefferson County Commission
Birmingham Metropolitan Development Board
Operation New Birmingham
Alabama Department of Revenue
University of Alabama at Birmingham
Legal Criteria for Public Service Announcements
- Non-profit group may not have been nor currently be a paid commercial advertiser in the outlet using the PSA.
- Group’s identification must be clear, conspicuous and properly identified either in the audio or the text of the PSA.
- Ethnic, racial, religious, age or sex stereotyping is not acceptable.
- All claims, statements of fact, statistics and demonstrations must be substantiated in writing.
- No commercial products, services or specific corporate individuals may be identified or specifically promoted.
- In addition, WABM and WTTO have the right to refuse any public service announcement that is deemed inappropriate.
- Priority will be given to public service announcements from non-profit, not-for-profit 501 (c) 3 organizations.
- Event information is needed approximately four weeks prior to the event.
- Submission does not imply a guarantee of publicity.
- All public service submissions must include the contact name, phone number, and if available, the web site and/or email address for confirmation.